Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm Coming Home


I'm coming home I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away...
All the pains of yesterday

I know my kingdom awaits
They've forgiven my mistakes
I'm coming home I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home...

We're coming home people!! Roll out the red carpet! Get the fireworks! Bring on the trumpets and the parade!

Ok that's way over the top and all of them don't necessarily need to happen :) but nonetheless we still got our keys!

So after 9 months and 10 days or 286 days, on Wednesday 22 February 2012, there we are with the key to our home, our sky island.

Hand modeled by our son
We were supposed to get them last December but still judging from the quality of the build, I think I will accept the fact that it is late.  However this would only mean that it is the end of Metricon's construction part.  Before we can move in, we still need to organise the flooring to be installed and the game of waiting isn't over as yet.  I can only now wished that we went with the complete build package with Metricon as at least they include the floor coverings and we can move in right away after the handover...

Landscaping is still need to be done, blinds and hopefully if we have enough funds, shutters and also fencing.

All our sides of neighbor have given the go ahead to build the fence and to do the necessary as we see fit.  They really are wonderful neighbors.

Part of the landscape is in fact nearly done.  Like I promise I will write a separate post about this and the flooring as well.

But here is our dream home at handover.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails