Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cut... Fill... Action!!

Or that was suppose to be Lights... Camera... Action!  Ok, I don't really care anymore.  I got a call on Friday morning from my Site Supervisor, introducing himself and said that he will supervise the project until it is handed over to us.  He will also give us an update as to the progress of the build.

The first update he gave me was that he got some surveyor at our block doing some peg as we speak on the phone.  They will then proceed to do the piering on Monday or Tuesday.  By next Friday we should be getting our slab poured!!

I was going to put some post on Friday but the blogger was down for maintenance.  I guess it works out well as this is the surprise that I got when I went to the land today.

(I am still in shock that this is really happening?!?!)


A leveled block of land!!!!  Our land that is *insert smiley face here*


From the front, it looks higher from the street

Actually they raise the entire block.




I guess today is the official start day of my weekly drive and visit!  My camera is also at the ready.  Did I say that I also enjoy photography? :)

7 comments:

Thigee said...

SkyPiea, I went there yesterday and noticed the work had started on your block. It's a good feeling isn't it. Very exciting. I'll keep you updated. My husband and I drive by every day, we only live in the next suburb.

SkyPiea~~Sky Island said...

Hi Thigee, thanks very much for doing that for us! :) It will be greatly appreciated :P We live about 40 mins away from The Ponds and it is not likely we'll drive to there on weekdays.

It is very exciting indeed and I thought that this day would never come :P

Thigee said...

SkyPiea, my husband just called me from the site and said that there was no work on your block today.

SkyPiea~~Sky Island said...

Thanks for the update Thigee. I am waiting for my SS to give me a call as to arrange a meeting with him on the site this week. He did tell me last week that he is not working today due to family issues.

Thigee said...

Skypiea, went to the site this morning. They are doing your piering, a whole lot of guys working on your block.

SkyPiea~~Sky Island said...

Many thanks for the update Thigee! I really need to invite you for a tea or coffee when our place is done :) Hope we get to meet you soon in one of our visits :)

Thigee said...

No problem, when I went by in the afternoon, they had started the formwork. You should have a slab by the end of the week.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails